To maximise your efforts protection when packing yourself:
- Provide plenty of cushioning by packing loosely crumpled, plain newspaper in the bottom of boxes – leave room at the top for more crumpled paper
- Wrap all fragile, breakable items in paper before packing them in boxes, place plates upright in boxes
- Pack large and heavy items first, smaller items next, filling in all empty spaces with paper
- Use only sturdy cartons that can be easily closed (Don’t over fill). Then tape top seams securely
- Label boxes clearly: you name, room where the box should go in your new home and a brief description of the contents
- NOTE: We can’t cart paint, aerosol canisters of paint, ammunition or fireworks. We can’t cart flammable liquid such as petrol, kerosene, methylated spirits.